Sunday, November 01, 2009

metaDRAMA: As If You Needed An Excuse!

Apparently this is not only NaPlWriMo (National Playwriting Month) but it's also NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I'm hoping that in blogging for NaPlWriMo's opening day kick-off--"Every Way Is the Right Way"--I'm on the path toward fulfilling my quota for NaBloPoMo. And I'm hoping that over the next month of reviewing shows--it's a pretty full slate, despite the time I've been losing to my impending move, seasonal illness, and some unfortunate postponements of plays--I'll actually find the time to turn all of that into some sort of small play, thus fulfilling an obligation I now feel I have to write something for NaPlWriMo. Most freeing for me, with both the idea of writing a play and of writing this criticism, is that I have nothing on the line (financially, that is); I wonder if that's the way writing should be, or if that's why I sometimes have a hard time finding direction.

Whether we're for high-stakes or not, the broader point is that you never need an excuse to start writing, so even if you're a few days behind, just past-date a few posts and get into the swing of things.

No comments: